- A stable Oxygen OS update is resulting in a full knowledge wipe of the OnePlus 8 collection.
- The downside impacts OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro units working Oxygen OS 11 open beta 3.
- OnePlus has acknowledged the difficulty and has warned towards upgrading.
OnePlus rolled out the stable Oxygen OS 22.214.171.124 update for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro over the weekend. However, the software program which adopted Oxygen OS 11 open beta 3 is something however stable. Quite a lot of open beta Three customers who acquired the update have reported that it’s inflicting a full knowledge wipe of their telephones.
Once the update is put in, customers are requested to reboot their units. When they achieve this, the information on their telephones is totally wiped. Sadly, a number of customers report that their telephones had been set to auto-update and so they had no selection however to put in the defective software program.
One consumer even tried to downgrade to Oxygen OS 10 and update again to Oxygen OS 11 open beta Three in an effort to repair the issue. However, even with auto-updates switched off, the consumer experiences that the telephone self up to date, requested for a reboot, after which wiped all the information once more.
Also learn: The best OnePlus phones you can buy right now
OnePlus, on its half, has acknowledged the issue. A staffer took to the corporate’s forums on Saturday, saying that the OnePlus software program staff is wanting into the matter. The individual additionally warned customers towards upgrading to the stable update.
“If you receive an update OTA, please double-confirm if it’s an open beta update. If it isn’t, please do not install it,” reads a discover on the OnePlus boards.
In the meantime, when you have already put in the update however haven’t restarted your telephone, OnePlus recommends you observe the steps beneath to keep away from knowledge loss.
- Install this APK. You want to put in it after the update was put in however earlier than you restart.
- After the APK is put in, run the applying, and faucet “Keep Data.”
- You ought to now be capable to restart the telephone with out dropping your knowledge.
OnePlus says customers ought to nonetheless again up important knowledge earlier than rebooting their telephones after following the aforementioned steps.