Robert Triggs / Android Authority
- Today, Google is rolling out its newest Pixel feature drop, an enormous quarterly replace for its Pixel units.
- Included with the drop are new images options, safety and security choices, wallpapers, and extra.
- The drop goes out now to all presently supported Pixel units (all the pieces after the Pixel 2, primarily).
If you personal a Pixel telephone, right this moment’s a giant day! Google is now rolling out the most recent feature drop for its line of Pixel telephones.
Are you new to Pixels? Essentially, a feature drop is a quarterly replace to all presently supported Pixel telephones. Rather than problem a couple of cool updates every month because it used to do, Google now saves up all its new stuff and dumps all of them out each three months. Today marks the second drop of 2021.
As traditional, there are quite a lot of new updates included with this drop apart from the standard month-to-month safety patch. We break all of them down under. If you wish to set up it in your Pixel 3/3 XL, Pixel 3a/3a XL, Pixel 4/4 XL, Pixel 4a/4a 5G, or Pixel 5, simply head to Settings > System > Advanced > System Update > Check For Update. Or, conversely, simply look ahead to the OTA notification, which ought to come in some unspecified time in the future right this moment.
Google’s Night Sight and Astrophotography modes make taking nighttime pictures a snap. With the most recent Pixel feature drop, although, there’s a brand new setting often called “astrolapse.” Essentially, this feature information a brief movie that exhibits the celebs shifting throughout the night time sky.
For this to work greatest, your telephone will have to be completely nonetheless and in a spot with low ranges of sunshine air pollution. The longer you set the timelapse for, the extra motion you’ll see throughout the sky.
Unfortunately, this feature is restricted to the Pixel 4/4XL, Pixel 4a/4a 5G, and Pixel 5. Pixel three and Pixel 3a customers are out of luck.
At Google I/O 2021, the corporate shared details about an upcoming Pixel feature known as Locked Folder throughout the Google Photos app. Well, it’s rolling out right this moment! As one could have guessed, the feature means that you can protect pictures behind a passcode in order that they keep personal and secure.
You can transfer pictures you’ve already shot to a locked folder. Or, you possibly can select to avoid wasting a photograph you’re about to take to your locked folder. The GIF above exhibits how straightforward it’s to pick the place you need your photograph to go earlier than you’re taking it.
Obviously, pictures in Locked Folder gained’t present up on good shows or in your Memories.
Other Google Pixel feature drop updates
Here are the remainder of the Pixel feature drop gadgets rolling out right this moment:
- Pride Month wallpapers: The drop consists of three new wallpapers themed round Pride Month 2021 created by Ashton Attz. You can see them above.
- Car crash detection: More nations now help Pixel’s automotive crash detection feature, together with Spain, Ireland, and Singapore. This feature checks in with you if it detects you will have been in a crash. If you don’t acknowledge the alert, your telephone can mechanically name for assist.
- Walking alerts: If you’re strolling whereas utilizing your telephone, you’ll now get a warning that it’s best to search for for the sake of security. This is known as Heads Up and it’s a part of the Digital Wellbeing suite.
- Assistant telephone calls: If your telephone is ringing however out of attain, now you can say “Hey Google, answer call” or “OK Google, reject call.”
- Better Gboard clipboard: If you copy textual content info that features issues like telephone numbers, electronic mail addresses, URLs, and many others., Google’s Gboard will mechanically parse them out and present them as paste choices. This ought to make it even simpler to share info inside messaging apps.
- Call Screen: Pixel customers in Japan can now benefit from Call Screen — the feature through which Assistant solutions your calls so that you can assist weed out spam.
- Recorder languages: You will quickly be capable of use the Recorder app in additional English-based dialects, together with Singaporean, Australian, Irish, and British English. This is rolling out by the tip of July.
That’s it for the brand new Pixel feature drops! You’ll want to attend till September 2021 for the following one.