Credit: Dhruv Bhutani / Android Authority
This week in Apple information we heard so much in regards to the display woes customers are going through with their iPhone 12 units. The common inexperienced glow we see on tons of OLED panels is current, however there are different points afoot as effectively.
In different Apple information, we noticed early benchmarks of the M1 chip, information in regards to the rumored foldable Apple smartphone, confirmations that cloud gaming companies are coming to iOS, and a decision to the bizarre Peanuts controversy.
See the Apple information roundup beneath for all the most recent.
The prime Apple information tales of the previous week:
- Users complain of iPhone 12 display points: Users around the globe are not too happy with their iPhone 12 displays. According to studies, many individuals are seeing the previous inexperienced tint concern current on many OLED panels. In a leaked internal memo, Apple seems to acknowledge the problem and concedes that future software program patches will deal with the issues.
- Cloud gaming companies coming to iOS: Although Apple gained’t permit cloud gaming companies to run as they usually would within the Apple App Store, two main merchandise will land on iPhones by the Safari internet browser. Both Google Stadia and Nvidia GeForce Now will land on iOS sooner or later within the close to future. In regards to the latter service, which means Fortnite shall be again on the iPhone for GeForce Now customers.
- Apple foldable cellphone in manufacturing testing, allegedly: According to Economic Daily News, Apple has reportedly despatched a foldable smartphone product to China for testing functions. If true, this could imply a foldable iPhone is way sufficient within the design cycle that Apple is aware of the way it will work and the way it will look. Allegedly, the machine can be due in 2022.
- Early M1 MacBook evaluations present simply how briskly it’s: Although benchmarks shouldn’t be the be-all-end-all to your shopping for choices, the benchmarks floating round proper now for the M1 chip are fairly spectacular. One of them reveals SSD speeds are literally twice as fast and that the ARM structure emulating x86 structure is still faster than the vast majority of present MacBooks.
- Apple’s new price discount for builders isn’t with out controversy: Recently, Apple announced that it’s going to cut back the price it collects from some app builders on the Apple App Store. Instead of a flat 30% reduce of all transactions, Apple will solely gather 15% from builders who pull in beneath $1 million annually on the platform. While this can be a good gesture, bigger corporations — most notably those suing and/or beginning coalitions in opposition to Apple — see it as a placating move relatively than a flip for the higher.
- iPhone 12 listening to support concern will get fastened: Apple has acknowledged that there’s a software bug that reduces audio high quality for listening to aids related to telephones within the iPhone 12 sequence. A repair is on the way in which.
- Apple TV Plus gained’t be the unique dwelling of Peanuts specials: Following protests from Peanuts followers, Apple will permit the main Peanuts vacation specials to air on PBS. The movies will nonetheless be on Apple TV Plus, however individuals who don’t subscribe to that service can watch the specials elsewhere. In 2020, this was one of many weirder controversies.
Thinking about making the swap?
Credit: David Imel / Android Authority
If you might be studying this Apple information article on an iOS machine and enthusiastic about making the swap to Android, we now have a number of articles and guides that may assist you with that course of. Despite the way it may appear, shifting from iOS to Android is less complicated than ever, and most of the companies and techniques on iOS have comparable and even the identical counterparts on Android.
The finest place to begin can be our information on how to switch from iPhone to Android, which works over all of the fundamentals. We even have extra particular guides, equivalent to how to transfer your calendar from iPhone to Android. We even have app guides that provides you with one of the best alternate options to iOS staples, equivalent to our listing of best alternatives to FaceTime on Android.
If you’re in search of a terrific Android machine to switch your iPhone, seek the advice of our listing of the best Android smartphones available now.